There will always come a time in either your Book Club or in your classroom, that you and your students will be looking for new titles. If you have a group of fast and keen readers, they may eagerly devour most of these books mentioned in the activities. Worry not, it's the perfect time for a reading challenge with these worksheets.
These activities are ideal for giving students a flavour of the books on offer and to inspire them to read new genres.
Name the Book 2
- You can play this game individually or with two or more teams. Divide your class into teams of 3-4.
- Share the Helbling Readers Catalogue with them.
- If you don’t have a catalogue, the bigger the challenge, do it without it!
- Set a time limit for the game. The teams have to collect the titles for each card and then calculate their points.
- The team which collects the most points in the set time is the winner!
Download the new worksheets here:
Download the first set of worksheets here:
First Lines Game
This is a simple but fun game. The same teams have to match the first lines of classics with their titles. Then ask them to guess what the story is about.
Download the worksheet here:
You can find more Book Club and Reading Games here.